Saturday 13 August 2016

A Difficult 3 Years



Well it's been a long time! 3 years ago as mentioned in my last post in the summer of 2013 my father was taken ill. Well a lot has happened since, including selling the family home in Surrey, moving mum into a bungalow near me and dad into a nursing home also nearby. The working life of an academy careers tutor has also become a lot busier as well, and modeling and wargaming has taken a back seat although some activity has taken place, usually short 1 hour games and just a few figures painted. Reporting this on a blog has been a call on time too far hence the blogging 'radio silence'.

February this year my father passed away and my partner Hazel's father also passed away 3 months later. We are just about recovering from these expected but still distressing events.

Earlier this year someone used a photo from my blog on Facebook saying it was their collection of Airfix figures! I made a suitable comment but it got me casually reading some of my favoutite blogs again although Matt and 'Waterloo to Mons' seems to have ceased again a great shame. I then decided I would soon revisit Victory V as I enjoyed the discipline of writing the blog and occasionally someone may perhaps have enjoyed reading it!

The regular article in Miniature Wargames on blogs has also brought some new sites to look at , but I must start looking at 'freshening' Victory V up a bit as it had become  a little cluttered and dated, tips welcomed as I am not in any way an IT 'techie' this may take some time!


The above photo shows one of my old T34/85's (not Joseph Stalin thanks Simon!) behind an Airfix Strongpoint in a '1 hour wargame' in the 2016 Easter Hols. Oh and while I may not have modelled and wargamed much the loft insulation, stashes and lead mountains have increased vastly out of all proportion to activity.



11 comments:

Simon said...

That's a T34/85

Fraxinus said...

woops Simon....all the other pics were of a JS serves me wright for not looking closely when I downloaded from thumbnails in picture album and just assuming will amend!! thanks

Fraxinus said...

serves me right! grief must be more careful when composing anything ! definitly out of practice!!

El Grego said...

Practice makes perfect - Welcome back!

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

...ditto.. welcome back..

Matt said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! I have started Waterloo to Mons (2) again, but on a far lower key. Great start with an Airfix image! - Matt

legatus hedlius said...

I had been wondering what had happened to you as I always enjoyed your posts. I am glad that you are now able to return to the blogosphere and entertain us once more. Kind regards.

airhead said...

Good to see you back. All the best

Airhead

FalkeEins said...



always enjoyed reading your posts, some interesting thoughts there on 'why we blog' too. Good to see you posting again!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Welcome Back :)

Fraxinus said...

Thanks for the welcome back everyone, I am enjoying posting again