Friday 3 April 2009

Current Projects




Well a week has passed without posting. This was due to huge amounts of work as is common with many at this time of year with the end of the financial year...but it hasn't just been financial stuff but parish liaison, bid writting, Service Level Agreement Monitoring, funding panels etc etc etc this has meant weekends have been absorbed into the working week and so the hobby has suffered & the garden, allotment etc although Hazel has got me away from the PC to go on relaxing bike rides. Easter is on the horizon and some days off 'hurrah' and perhaps the occasional bit of time to put paintbrush to a model figure or two.

I am pleased with my dedication so far in keeping to the main project of painting Great War Belgians and this will continue with more of a production line approach in future months although I have ordered some of the new cavalry from Brigade Models...which will take me ages to paint!!




.....also on the work bench are some Peter Pig 15mm WW1 Belgians (see a theme!)




also some Emahar plastic Vikings,Warhammer Dark Elf Cavalry (Aim to complete a 1,000 point army to fight work colleague) Great War Brits including the 'Charleys War' figure from Musketeer and the 'Combat Stress' charity figure sculptered by Soapy via 'Figures in Comfort' and ....nervously looking unwanted on the outer reaches of the painting table are the 'Buffs' partially completed 15mm Minifig Marlborough types...I must get back on track with these.





The picture at the head of this article is of Rodens recently released 1:35th scale British Armoured Car one of my favourite vehicles of all time & one I will have to make time to build although have not built any armour in this larger scale for some years. Will's Wargames Blog is displaying some nicely built aircraft at the moment & with my flying friend visiting in a couple of weeks to 'commit aviation' in the skies of Kent no doubt I will be distracted into sticking plastic aircraft together again.

3 comments:

legatus hedlius said...

I love to see other people's work benches! I need a major sort out this weekend but given we have to go and buy kitchen chairs in Kingston and take my mother out on Sunday I doubt if I will finish anything!

Ralphus said...

rolls royce armoured car?
http://ralphadeus.blogspot.com/search?q=armoured+car
Cheers

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Your painting table looks remarkably like mine, but we must have more pictures of the Buffs...

I do like to see other peoples painted Minifigs for this period... given my own pitiful painting efforts, somewhat surprisingly it's a form of masochism I particularly enjoy.. :o))