Thursday 22 April 2010

Airfix Starter set challenge 'take 2' Iranian F5-A !!!!!!


Sorry chaps no wargames figures although some Warlord ECW Firelock storming party are ready for undercoating...but another plane as I had promised the Britmodeller Group build I would construct 2 models ...so here we go the Freedom Fighter F-5A in all its glory....nose cone about 4mm too big for fusalage....lots of emery boarding to reduce it flush with rest of fusalage....otherwise OK ...no filler allowed so the display stand slot & wing fit gap filled with paired down 'sprue' . This will be finished in Iranian Air Force markings from 1965!!! now I know B****er all about the F5 & the Iranian Air Force  but it's fun modelling!! Given up on orange squash & wagon wheels....Jennings Cumberland Ale & home made 'sloe Vodka' instead....painting with Humbrol acrylic 11 could be interesting!!!!!

2 comments:

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

You've been bitten by the "bug" I see

:)

Schrumpfkopf said...

My Cousin still flies one of those over there in iran from what I've heard the last time. =)

Will follow up this project.