Saturday 9 June 2018

Attending Broadside Wargames Show Tomorrow & Shepway Modelling show 2017


Yipee the one Wargames Show I was determined to visit again after enjoying last years experience is tomorrow. I have not attended Salute since it was in Chelsea Town Hall and Colours in Reading many years ago. I used to treck to Cavalier (Tonbridge) in February until recently but now Broadside put on by the Milton Hundreds Wargames Club is the one 'must visit' in my Calender. It is close to where I live, well lit in a Leisure Centre, friendly and put on by a local club featuring other local clubs demonstration games and traders, although it does also attract traders from far and wide as well. See the link for full info. I am sure I had photos from last years bash but can I find them? so I will post some from tomorrows visit soon.

This makes up for the loss this year of the Shepway Modelling show which was due to be held today at Hawkinge Community Centre BUT the centre had double booked the show with a wedding!! 'Numpties' so my most local model show other than those held in the Lees at Folkestone and the bi annual event in Faversham was cancelled. Bad luck for Shepway modelling club who put a lot of effort into it on an annual basis.


So to make up for the cancelled show here are some photos of the superb models from the 2017 show entered into the competition and on display on exhibitors stands.


These were taken with my old Fujfilm Finepix before last years Nikon SLR purchase so probably not as good as hopefully future pictures will be, but these will give you a taste of a local model shows standard.

A Fine 1/48th Folland Gnat

 Zulu Action!

This was a small diorama in 1/72 I think re created from a photo from the 1940 Blitzkrieg of German troops on a knocked out Matilda


A Nice colourful P51 Mustang

Rumanian WW2 IAR 80 Fighter , a rare bird

Late Victorian Royal Navy Sailor 

British Napoleonic Infantry

 
 A bust of a bust!

WW2 German SPG, a Hummel I think

Nicely displayed 'Spit & Hurri'

Your guess is as good as mine!

A modern military 'Dozer'

Western Showgirl

Unusual French armoured car from 1940

A touch of 'sci fi'


Fairchild Flying Boxcar ..aweome beastie

 Its always a varied display at the show

 A great rendition of a 'Spad'

'Stug'

 Far East 'Spotter'

A Lady Lancer

'I'm Turning Japanese'

Superb D Day Thunderbolt

Very nice tank interior which for once you can see

View of one end of the competition tables

Well thats it , great shame there was no show this year but I am sure 2019 will be even better and I hope a run through of some of the items on display show what a variety of modelling skills are on display at a small local event, please attend them or they will be lost in this day of escalating costs.....or weddings!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Nice pics mate

Fraxinus said...

Thank you old bean....if only I painted figures as often as I took photos I might get somewhere with this hobby!